Wow -- lots of conversation about BlogRush and their blog traffic generation (or lack thereof). We've been paying attention to those reporting their click-through rates (CTR), because we've been measuring that for the Others Online service too. Net net, we're achieving a better CTR for our users than they are for theirs. Before I tell you why/how, here's a fun challenge we're inviting bloggers to.
Sign up for Others Online and compare our click-through rate (CTR) to BlogRush through September 30. If we don't do better, we'll paypal you $10. It's that simple. If we do better, then well I should hope you'll write about us on your blog. Either way, it's win/win if we can get your honest feedback.
Why is our CTR better? We think it because we're displaying the author not the post. You see their picture, online status, links, interest, plus what you have in common -- much more authentic, engaging, inviting and personable, don't you think? Plus you see them on the basis of (we hope) a better relevance algorithm, which is transparent and 100% user-controlled. We also give you reports on your visibility across our network of users/publishers, and the ability to improve your visibility and rank.
I hate rules as much as you do, but here they are:
- We have to limit this to first 500 bloggers, ok? -- and you must be located in the United States and be 18 years of age. You also have to be an authentic blogger -- spam blogs will be nuked.
- Please sign up at www.othersonline.com and enter the keyword "OO CTR Challenge" as an interest tag (on your profile), so we can count you as a participant. Hell, use that tag wherever.
- Properly complete your profile so that all the checkboxes in the "guidance panel" are filled in (click picture to the right). Don't worry, it's way easy.
- Please place the Others Online widget (of your choice) in at least as good a position on your blog as the BlogRush widget.
- This fun little experiment is over on September 30 and you have until October 6th 2007 to claim your $10. To do so, just email us a screenshot of your stats.
Our primary goal with this challenge is to have some fun and get some valuable feedback from you all. At the same time, you'll get more exposure with no amway-like pyramid scheme. So waddya say? Take the challenge?